Courting women through the flaming hoop that is online dating is not easy. There are hurdles, expectations, and unwritten rules you need to know and follow.
The ladies at TheFrisky.com have come up with a list of the top 10 online dating mistakes men make. Here are a few tips from women who should know:
1. TMI. We don’t want to know about your ex-wife, your bankruptcy, or your feelings of masculine inadequacy. If you’re neurotic about it, leave it out.
2. Mr. Eager. If you send us an overly long email that sounds overly solicitous, we won’t think you’re interested. We’ll think you’re desperate.
3. Bang-Bang. Make it clear you’re out for a one-night-stand? With few exceptions, we’re happy to show you the door.
4. The Dealbreaker. There’s a difference between knowing what you want and having a list of criteria no woman could meet. Keep it real.
5. Body Obsessed. If you say you won’t date “fatties,” even skinny chicks won’t date you. You’re not a hater. You’re just a … .
6. Stalker Boy. Keep emails, calls, and date requests to a minimum. We’ll let you know what we want from you.
To see the rest of the online dating mistakes, check out TheFrisky.com.