User login

Carving Out Some Pumpkin Stats

One of the tried and true ways for a kid to tell if a house is handing out Halloween candy is to focus on the porch. If there’s a Jack O’ Lantern hanging out on the porch, then the odds are great that you can score some candy. But just how many households are actually using pumpkins during the Halloween season? Believe it or not, 94% of the 78 million households celebrating Halloween plan on using a pumpkin. This totals up to over 74 million pumpkins, and at roughly $5 a pop, that’s an amazing $365,098,245 spent on pumpkins alone every year.

What makes these numbers even more impressive, especially if you’re selling pumpkins, is that 98% of all pumpkins in the nation are sold for Halloween. That leaves only a measly 2% sold for factory usage, pumpkin pies on Thanksgiving and Christmas, etc. And just for a fun fact: Under half of those pumpkins, around 34 million, would be enough to sink the biggest cruise ship in the world.

 

Halloween 2012 Infographic

Courtesy of: CouponCodes4U
 
If you love infographics as much as us check out some of these other cool infographics.
 

 
Your Dad Never Did It, So Gillette Is Going To Teach You How To Shave
It's amazing that nobody really knows how to shave any more. It's probably the only explanation for the abundance o...
 
Wedding Season Beckons: Responsibilities of the Best Man
Being annointed best man is a great honor.  With great honor comes silly responsibilities.  That's not how th...
 
Why On Earth Would Anyone Pay For This Porn-Finding App?
Good news for gluttons for punishment: Women who are unable to let sleeping dogs lie can now go to findhisporn.com ...
 
The Print Edition Of The Encyclopedia Britannica Is No More!
  Well, chalk yet another victory up for the “paperless age.” Encyclopedia Britannica, the 244 year-old p...
 
Teens Are Getting Drunk On Hand Sanitizer
Filed under "Practical Info," because it's some handy information if you're a terrible alcoholic or a dumb kid.&nbs...